According to a survey, almost 60% of the New Year’s resolutions that we all make are specifically related to health. We vow to eat less, exercise more, put down our phones, pick up a healthy new skincare routine and take better care of ourselves.
Unfortunately, the same survey revealed that less than half of American adults who make resolutions have a plan in place for achieving them!
Well, the holidays are behind us and the New Year has officially begun. No more excuses! Make this the year you meet your goals with the help of these tips:
- Identify the steps that will get you where you want to go. Is 2018 the year you’re going to run your first marathon? Great! Where are you going to start? Set specific short-term goals that will move you forward. Make a pledge to run four times a week.
- Focus on things you have control over. Want to lose weight? We all know, you can exercise, eat a healthy diet and do everything right but the scale won’t budge. Don’t focus on those number. Make your resolution about something you can control – resolve to hit the gym three days a week and include fruits and vegetables with every meal. Think about creating specific objectives. If you want to get serious about skincare, make an appointment for a professional facial at Spatheology, a leader in natural skincare among Asheville spas. Our skincare professionals can advise you on the products you should be using.
- Put it on the schedule. In ink. And don’t be vague – what time are you going to run? Will you be going to the gym before work or do you plan to stop on your way home? What time are you going to turn the lights out? And what time does that mean you have to put your phone, tablet or computer away?
- Celebrate your progress along the way. Every time you achieve one of those short-term goals, give yourself a pat on the back – and maybe a little something more. If your muscles are a little sore from all that exercise you’ve been getting, treat yourself to Therapeutic Massage at Asheville’s. Spatheology. In addition to targeting tight muscles to relieve physical tension, this service will also reduce mental stress. A highly concentrated blend of lavender, rosemary, and menthol essential oils reduces inflammation and promotes circulation with a deep tissue massage.
- Share your goals with people who will hold you accountable, someone who can offer support and encouragement, not someone who is going to beat you up or ridicule you if slip up. And maybe, when you’ve reached your goals and kept your resolutions with their help you can say thank you with the gift of aFrench Broad Chocolate Massage at Spatheology, the best North Carolina day spa! There’s no other Asheville massage like this one! French Broad Chocolate, a bean-to-bar chocolate artisan in Asheville, provides the ultimate in chocolate decadence for this spa service, which combines the scent and sensation of French Broad’s organic chocolate. The custom-pressure body massage addresses unique needs while a hydrating body sealant ensures the softest skin.
- Keep things interesting. If you’re focused on fitness, change up your exercise routine or your activities, so you don’t get stuck in a rut. Sign up for a new class, ask a friend to join you for a brisk walk. If you’re resolution has to do with healthy eating, you don’t have to eat salad at every mal. Look for new recipes you can try that will make your taste buds happy. Try to find exotic fruits or vegetables that you’ve never eaten before. Do some research on healthy substitutes for some of the ingredients in recipes you and your family already love (try swapping applesauce for the oil in a banana bread recipe – yum!).
- Most importantly – don’t give up!